Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clean and Simple Christmas Card


Right now SCS is having a challenge for new design team members for the Clean and Simple Cards gallery. I have already posted a few cards for this challenge and decided to make another one since we have until 10 tonight to post our cards before they have the difficult task of selecting a new design team.

There were three different catagories you could choose from. For this card, I decided to use the last challenge they had listed. You could make an autumn, autumn holiday or Christmas card. I just recently got this great new stamp set called Scenic Season. It is just beautiful and fits the clean and simple catagory so well.

I stamped the image with Night of Navy ink on Shimmery White cardstock. I stamped the image again on a few post it notes to make a mask. After masking off the "snow" I took my airbrush and sprayed the background making the blue sky. The image is matted on Bordering Blue card stock and the card base is Night of Navy. I thought it needed just a little bit more something, so I decided to use SU's Real Red ribbon. The whole card took less than 10 minutes to make but looks wonderful, I think so anyway! This may end up being my Christmas card as it will be super easy to mass produce!

Hope you all enjoy and had a wonderful Sunday.

Ronda

8 comments:

  1. very pretty. love the colors and the pop of red ribbon. I know you said it's a fast carc, but it looks to pretty to be fast, so i think you're telling me a tale! hahaha. even the catalog says it's one stamp but is it really? it looks too cute to be that easy. Ok, it's not cute, it's elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, I think you're mother in law is right, you make these things and just collect them. why don't you send them to people you like? wait, maybe you don't like me. is that the key here? but then...you don't send them to her so.....okay listen, send cards to people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Divine! Bravo! Make more and post them NOW!!! Your audience awaits anxiously! That last sentence was alliteration, do you like it? Now quick, go craft! Be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look like a stamped card, looks like a photograph to me ... the highest compliment I think a card maker can receive. Just beautiful! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! Good luck on the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your card!
    you did a great really nice job on the background! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posted clean and clear Christmas card looking amazing beautiful designing i like it...
    Plastic business cards
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete